How do I purchase tickets to the teamLab: Continuity exhibition?
Go to our ticketing page and choose the “teamLab: Continuity” option; this ticket entitles you to access the teamLab: Continuity exhibition, the collection galleries, and all other special exhibitions. Please note that the capacity of teamLab: Sketch Ocean (teamLab: Continuity’s companion exhibition) is limited; entry is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note that the “General Admission Only” ticket allows access to the collection galleries, and other special exhibitions, including teamLab: Sketch Ocean, but not to teamLab: Continuity.
Do members get free admission to teamLab: Continuity?
Members always get free admission to the museum, including to all special exhibitions. Members may visit teamLab: Continuity as many times as they wish, and they can always bring a guest (the number of guests is dependent on membership level). Advance reservations are strongly encouraged. Not a member? Join today!
Am I required to purchase teamLab: Continuity tickets in advance?
We strongly recommend purchasing tickets in advance. You will need a timed ticket to enter the exhibition. Limited same-day walk-up ticketing may be available but is not guaranteed.
Is teamLab: Continuity free on Free First Sundays?
Tickets for teamLab: Continuity are discounted to $10 on Free First Sundays. Children under the age of 12 get in for free on Free First Sundays.
Does the teamLab: Continuity ticket include admission to the rest of the museum?
Your teamLab: Continuity ticket grants admission to the teamLab: Continuity exhibition, the collection galleries, and all other special exhibitions. Please note that the capacity of teamLab: Sketch Ocean is limited; entry is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Does the teamLab: Continuity ticket include access to teamLab: Sketch Ocean?
Yes, and we strongly encourage you to see both if possible. Please note that unlike teamLab: Continuity, which has timed ticketing, teamLab: Sketch Ocean is a much smaller exhibition and entry is on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have a timed ticket to teamLab: Continuity, we recommend coming to the museum an hour or so ahead of time. During this time, you can enjoy Sketch Ocean (the creature you sketch will swim both there and into teamLab: Continuity) and/or explore the many other galleries and exhibitions throughout the museum.
I purchased a general admission ticket but now want to add a teamLab: Continuity ticket. How can I adjust my purchase?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a teamLab: Continuity upgrade. Upgrades are based on availability, and same-day upgrades may not be possible due to capacity limits. Surcharge pricing will apply for upgrades ($5 on weekdays and $10 weekends, per ticket).
How do I cancel or reschedule my visit to the museum?
Email email@example.com to reschedule or refund your tickets.
Can I arrive early to visit teamLab: Continuity?
Access to the exhibition will be strictly limited to the specific entry time indicated on your teamLab: Continuity ticket. You may enter the museum up to one hour before your teamLab: Continuity entry time and stay afterward to visit the rest of the museum.
How long should I expect to spend in the exhibition?
Most visitors spend between 45 minutes to one hour in teamLab: Continuity.
How long will teamLab: Continuity be on view at the Asian Art Museum?
Tickets are currently available for teamLab: Continuity through Sep. 30; the exhibition may be extended depending on demand.
Is teamLab: Continuity similar to the Palo Alto exhibition in 2016?
This exhibition is very different — new artworks and new technology more seamlessly dissolve the boundaries between you and the dynamic art around you.
Know Before You Go
How can I get the most out of my teamLab experience?
- Arrive 30 minutes before your reserved entry time to participate in teamLab: Sketch Ocean located in the Shriram Learning Center. Color in a sea creature, scan it, and watch it join hundreds of others in the floor-to-ceiling digital aquarium. Then see it swim in teamLab: Continuity. Learn more about Sketch Ocean.
- teamLab: Continuity is both immersive and interactive. We encourage you to move around the rooms and touch the images: this will trigger flowers to slowly bloom, butterflies to flit at your feet, fish to dart around you, crows to burst into flowers, and more. Read the labels accompanied by visuals in the pavilion lobby for details about how each artwork responds to interactions.
- Want stellar photos inside the exhibition? We suggest wearing all white or all black and using long exposure for the best effect. Then share the results on social with hashtags #teamLabContinuity and #MuseumDifferently. Tag @asianartmuseum and your photo might be featured on our social media channels!
- After you exit the exhibition, be sure to stop in the pavilion’s Wilbur Foundation Gallery to see a mural by Chanel Miller. Keep an eye out for signs to find your way.
What else should I know before I go?
- The exhibition does not include strobe lights, but some rooms might feel disorienting at first. If this happens, we recommend standing in one place and concentrating on a single focal point to get your bearings.
- The exhibition includes dramatic audio (approximately 85–90 decibels, similar to an action movie). Noise-dampening headphones are available upon request at the entrance of the exhibition at no additional charge.
- Please note that floral scents are part of the exhibition